Information we collect from prospective clients and clients:
When you inquire about our services or when you become a client of Home Nursing Group, a record is made which includes personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details and emergency contact details. Personal information collected about clients and prospective clients to provide, or in providing, HNG care services is considered health information and is treated as sensitive information. Home Nursing Group may also collect other personal information about you which is considered sensitive information (such as information about your religion or your racial/ethnic origin) where this is relevant to the services we provide.
Generally, health information we collect about you includes:
- your previous and current medical history (including, where clinically relevant, a family medical history) and details of treatment and health services you have received
- your support plan
- medications you take
- information about other healthcare professionals and health service providers who are involved in your care
- information about your healthcare preferences and wishes
- your attorney, guardian or other person responsible for your healthcare decisions
Home Nursing Group will also collect information relevant to administering your payment arrangements such as your banking details, your pension entitlements and arrangements, and information regarding your income. Where it is relevant to administering your payment arrangements, we will collect information such as your Medicare number, health care card number and your entitlement to benefits.
Home Nursing Group will, where practicable, collect information directly from you (for example, when we have contact with you in person, over the phone or via the internet). Home Nursing Group may also collect personal information about you from third parties including:
- other healthcare professionals and health service providers involved in your care
- agencies which have assessed your need for care (e.g. MyAgedCare, Aged Care Assessment Teams)
- government agencies responsible for administering relevant entitlements and benefits (e.g. Centrelink, Medicare, Department of Human Services, Department of Social Services, Department of Health and any other government agencies responsible for home care services)
We may also collect information about you from your family members, a carer, an attorney, a guardian or a person responsible for your healthcare decisions.
Information we collect from prospective employees/applicants:
We collect personal information when recruiting staff, such as your name, contact details, qualifications and work history. Generally, we will collect this information directly from you. We may also collect personal information from third parties in ways which you would expect (for example, from recruitment agencies or referees you have nominated). Before offering you a position, we may collect additional details such as your tax file number, superannuation information and other information necessary to conduct police checks.
Information we collect from other individuals:
Home Nursing Group may collect personal information about other individuals who are not our clients. This includes individual service providers and contractors to Home Nursing Group; carers, contact persons and next of kin of our clients; other individuals who interact with us on a commercial basis; and healthcare professionals who have referred clients to us or who are providing services to our clients. The kinds of personal information we collect will depend on the capacity in which you are dealing with us. Generally, it would include your name, contact details, professional details and information regarding our interactions and transactions with you.
Information we collect from visitors to our website:
The way in which we handle the personal information of visitors to our website is discussed below under the heading “How is your personal information handled on our websites?”.